We all know people scrambling to pick up their last-minute gifts for friends and family. You know what always makes a great gift? Holiday makeup gift sets. And this season brings us the best holiday makeup gift sets.
Whether you are looking for bold, bright colors, better, fuller makeup brushes, or eyeliner to kill the cat eye game, I got you covered. Novice or pro, I have added sets for all of us makeup lovers to gift to others or enjoy ourselves (treat yourself, it is Christmas, you know). And, by now, you know this is Beauty at a Bargain, so of course I have makeup sets that aren’t just beautiful, but also really affordable! These sets give women what they need without breaking your Christmas budget.
So, get ready to take notes on the best holiday makeup gift sets for the women in your life, or even yourself, this Christmas season. Get ready to “sleigh” some more with your gift giving mastery for the women in your life.
The Most Perfect Makeup Sets For Beginners
For those women who are just entering the world of makeup, there are kits you must gift them. I am really interested in the EcoTools Warm Winter Glow Brush Set. It comes with different brushes and sponges for you to practice applying foundation, highlighter, concealer, blush, and eye shadow. For eyeshadows, I am very excited for this. I love e.l.f products, so the e.l.f Cosmetics 48 Color Eyeshadow and Brush Set seems like a goldmine to me! With 48 different shades, you can create multiple looks both wet and dry. The blending brush that comes with it will also soften your edges and fine lines.
When I think of makeup brands, I definitely think of Maybelline. The Maybelline NY Minute Defined Nude Lip Kit is great because the colors are rich without being over the top. It gives the nude lip new life and the lip liner helps the lipstick stay on longer. Too Faced is another brand to get familiar with. The Brow Envy Brow Shaping and Defining Kit from Too Faced is a great kit for those who want to get better with their eyebrows. This kit comes with highlighter, two colors that you can combine to create your brow color, professional tweezers, three stencils, conditioning wax, and an angled brush and brow comb. Basically, it’s everything your eyebrows have been asking for.
Amazing Holiday Sets For The Makeup Pro
The beginners are all set and now its time to move onto the pros. These women know what they like and how to serve a look. They need sets that’ll keep up with them. Your eyes will definitely serve with Marc Jacobs Beauty 3-Piece Eye Bestsellers Set. This set comes with Petite Highliner Gel Eye Crayon, Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon, and Petite Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara to make sure your eyes pop. Another set I am keeping a very close eye on is Avalanche All-Over Metallic Powder Set by Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. Your eyes, lips, and cheeks will shine with these seven loose, smooth, metallic powders. Your look is about to gleam.
Now, this next set is crazy! I am definitely thinking of treating myself to Lancôme’s Holiday Beauty Box. This box comes with 11 full-size – that’s right, I said full-size – makeup products. Some of what you can find include Dual Ended Shadow & Blush Brush, 3 Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor, and Hypnôse Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara. Talk about a complete set. Now, I love lipstick so the 5-Pc. ModernMatte Powder Lipstick Gift Set from Shiseido is right up my alley. These shades will give anyone that festive look and make your lips feel velvety smooth.
The Absolute Best Holiday Makeup Gift Sets Made With Dupes
Now, since it’s the holidays and I am feeling particularly giving, here is an extra treat for you beauty bargainers. Sometimes you want to mix and match but still have a complete makeup set. Well, call me Santa Claus, because not only do you have these premade sets to choose from – I also have some products you can snatch up to create your very own set made with makeup dupes!
- Any good set has to have a great primer. For me, I have dry skin, so I need a primer that also hydrates my skin. I am dying to try the Hydra Touch Primer by NYX. This isn’t a silicone primer that we commonly use; this is more of a moisturizing primer for soft, healthy skin.
- Foundation is the next most important thing to have. Clinique’s Even Better Makeup foundation gives you a natural-looking finish and evens out your skin.
- Now, sometimes foundation isn’t enough to catch every blemish or cover every dark spot; that is where concealer comes into play. The Bye Bye Breakout Full-Coverage Concealer by IT Cosmetics helps cover those pesky blemishes that foundation cannot cover alone. This concealer is also helping your skin give you a fresh, clear face.
- Next on the list should be bronzer and blush. The e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder is definitely on my wish list. The blush adds a nice pop of color to your cheeks while the bronzer gives your face that sun-kissed glow.
- Highlighter is another goldmine kits need. I love the shades that come in wet n wild’s MegaGlo Highlighting Powder. These highlighters give you a smooth finish and are easy to blend.
- Eyeshadow should definitely be the next on your list. I absolutely love eyeshadow and I think the Urban Decay Single Eyeshadows are beautiful. You can get a variety of pigmented colors to use and they are also easy to blend together – allowing you to create even more looks.
- After eyeshadow, you have to have eyeliner. Eyeliner ties your eye look all together. I have my eye on the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. UD gave us 48 shades of this easy-to-apply pencil. So, you could either stay neutral and casual with the eyeliner or go all the way to the bold side.
- Mascara is next on my wish list. Mascara elevates your eye look and takes it to the next level. I’m looking at the Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara from Essence. This gives you the volume and thickness your eyelashes are longing for.
- We cannot forget our brows. L’Oréal’s Definer Waterproof Eyebrow Mechanical Pencil fills in gaps and spaces in your brows with an ultra-fine tip and the soft spoolie brushes for a defined brow.
- Lip liner should be your savior. I am dying to try the Color Sensational Shaping Lip Liner from Maybelline. It helps keep the lipstick where it is supposed to be and gives your lips a perfect definition.
- The perfect finish to your kit has to be lipstick. Besides eyeshadow, I am obsessed with lipsticks. I love both neutral and bold shades in whatever finish. Whether matte, liquid, cream, or satin, there is something for everyone. L’Oréal has the L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick, Fenty Beauty makes our lips pop with the Poutsicle Juicy Satin Lipstick, and NYX gives us the Soft Matte Lip Cream.